We’re excited to announce our 2022 Tiny Hearts Flower CSA program, with new member benefits! Scroll down to learn more about our flexible, free-choice CSA options with convenient pickup at our beautiful Hillsdale flower shop. This season is shaping up to be Tiny Heart’s best yet, with new greenhouses and expanded field production and season extension – meaning more glorious flowers all season long!
What is it?
Flower CSA members pre-pay for their flowers in advance of the growing season, which in turn helps our farm shoulder the early season expenses of growing at a time when farm revenues are low (these costs include things like seeds, greenhouse heat, etc.) CSA members receive a unique code to be used to pre-order flowers online (for pickup at our Hillsdale Flower Shop), and a swipe-able card to be used for in-person flower shopping at our Hillsdale shop. New this year, we are offering exclusive CSA member benefits – keep on reading!
How does it work?
When you join our CSA, you’ll receive a unique code and swipeable card loaded with your pre-paid amount. Upon purchase, you’ll get an email acknowledgement followed by a card in the mail with your CSA materials. Once the season begins, we’ll post our flower availability early each week and send you an email reminder that the online shop is open for pre-orders. To purchase flowers, click the link in your reminder email or visit our website, choose which flowers you’d like for the week, and enter your CSA code on the cart page. Schedule your ready-by day at checkout and your fresh-cut flowers will be waiting for you to pickup at our Hillsdale, NY flower shop. If you’re not that into online ordering, simply come by our well-stocked shop to use your CSA card towards any available flowers.
NEW! Exclusive CSA member benefits and discounts
We want to help our CSA members build a meaningful connection to this beautiful Hudson Valley farm, an appreciation for what it means to grow and support local, seasonal flowers, and to connect with other local flower-lovers! With this aim, we invite our CSA members to:
- Join us for free, members-only farmer-led tours and events
- Be our guest at one of our new on-farm flower forums
- Receive a 10% discount to our classes and workshops
CSA members will also receive:
- A beautiful, custom-printed Tiny Hearts Farm welcome card
- A swipe-able, reusable, and refillable CSA card loaded with your balance
- Weekly farm updates with upcoming flower sneak peeks
Please note that CSA values may only be used to purchase in-season fresh and dried flowers or arrangements through our online shop. They cannot be applied toward delivery charges, wedding or event flowers, hard goods, merchandise, plants or plant materials, or classes and workshops. If you still have a balance remaining on your account when our fresh flower season ends, you can use it to purchase dried flowers or let the balance roll over to next season. CSA purchases are non-refundable but may be transferred to another person.
How to: purchase flowers in person
- No need to pre-order! Just show up to our Hillsdale Flower Shop anytime we’re open for the week and choose flowers from our display. We aim to stock the store abundantly whenever we’re open, but recommend you stop by on the early in the week so you can have first pick.
- Remember to bring your CSA card to the shop. When you’ve picked out your goodies, simply have your flowers wrapped at the front counter and swipe your card for payment. Your CSA account balance will be automatically adjusted to reflect your purchase.
- If you’d like to find out how much is left on your card, simply ask at checkout or use the link at the bottom of this page.
- Make sure you come in the following week for more flowers! That’s it!
How to: purchase flowers online
- Navigate to https://tinyheartsfarm.com/flowers/ to see a list of all of the flowers, arrangements, and other items available from the farm. Remember, we work diligently to keep this list up-to-date. If it appears on this page, it’s available!
- If you’re not already, be sure to click the big green “Login to your account here” button to log into your user account. Your user account will identify you as a CSA member and will also auto-fill your name and contact information on the checkout page.
- Now for the fun part! Pick out the flowers or arrangements you’d like for the week. If you’d like more information on a product, click on the name of the flower or the picture to view more detail. When you’re ready to make a selection click the “Add to Cart” button to add this to your shopping cart.
- When you’re finished shopping, click the “View Cart” link. You can click the small shopping cart found in the top menu to access the shopping cart. On the “Cart” page, you can make any necessary edits to your order and then proceed to the “Checkout” page by using the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
- At the “Checkout” page, your name and contact details should be auto-filled (please enter them if they haven’t…). If you’d like to have flowers delivered to someone you can also click the “Ship to a Different Address” box and enter their information along with a personal note.
- Under the “Your Order => Shipping” section please make sure to select “FREE – Store pickup” or “Delivery.”
- Schedule your “Flowers Ready By” date by choosing a date on the calendar. Please note that the dates available change depending on the shipping selection. For example, the “FREE – Store Pickup” option will only allow pickup on the days the flower shop is open. Delivery orders are available even on days when the flower shop is closed.
How to: Use your CSA membership card for payment online
- Find the 16 digit number on the back of your CSA membership card and enter into the “Card Number” field.
- For the expiration date, enter 1222 which represents December 2022, the last month of our growing season.
- Enter the last three digits of your pin number, also found on the back of your membership card.
- If necessary, enter in your billing zip code. Then hit the “Place Order” button!